Cancun, Mexico, is a popular destination famed for its azure waters, golden sands, and unique energy.
With more and more international visitors every year, it’s no surprise that a selection of new, all-inclusive resorts are popping up along the shore.
These resorts are a wonderful choice for destination weddings with fantastic dining packages, luxury accommodations, and outstanding facilities.
Whether you’re looking for an adults-only party or a family-friendly celebration, we have rounded up some of the best new resorts in Cancun for a destination wedding.
New for October 2023, Secrets Tulum is an exclusive adults-only resort set within the Tulum jungle.
Surrounded by green mangroves, this tranquil resort offers impressive accommodations just moments from the beach.
Ideal for couples looking for some rest and relaxation, Secrets Tulum features a high-end spa and diverse dining options.
Secrets Tulum is perfect for any destination wedding, with powder-white sands, numerous swimming pools, and a luxury Beach Club.
- 301 luxury suites surrounded by lush vegetation
- Four secluded courtyard pools, two rooftop pools, one resort-sized swimming pool, and an impressive oceanfront pool at the Beach Club
- The exquisite Spa By Pevonia, complete with a hydrotherapy circuit, sauna, and couples’ treatments
- 14 incredible dining options, from fresh seafood at Oceana to Asian and Peruvian fusion at Jasmine
- Daily entertainment and activities, from dance classes to snorkeling
- Get married in the jungle or enjoy a romantic ceremony on the beach
- An on-site wedding coordinator to help you plan the perfect day
- Five destination wedding packages to suit all budgets, styles, and sizes
- The hotel can also arrange a pre-wedding visit so that you can explore the venue and ask any questions you may have
- 14 wedding venues, including the Sky Wedding Gazebo (for up to 100 guests), Master Suite Rooftop (for up to 30 guests), and the beach (for up to 80 guests)
- Couples looking for a unique setting in the Tulum jungle
Located in Playa del Carmen, Secrets Moxche opened its doors in April 2022.
This adults-only resort is ideal for couples seeking peace and serenity along a beautiful beach in a gated residential community.
The resort has seven swimming pools, an 18-hole golf course, and a lavish spa.
When it comes to entertainment and activities, you can expect live musical productions, bike tours, paddle boarding, beach yoga, dance classes, and so much more.
- A panoramic rooftop pool and three man-made cenotes
- An open-air amphitheater with daily shows and entertainment
- A renowned spa with an outdoor jet pool, a hydrotherapy circuit, and 16 treatment rooms
- 11 gourmet restaurants, including seven a la carte options
- A beautiful wedding destination with a beachfront setting and picture-perfect venues
- From elopement packages to large guest lists, this hotel has something for every couple
- The beach is the most popular option, with a private reception area that can cater to weddings big and small
- Couples can get married by a cenote under a thatched roof palapa for something extra special.
- Beachfront weddings and unique settings with the Beyond Memorable package, one most popular wedding packages
Margaritaville Riviera Maya
Margaritaville Riviera Maya invites guests to enjoy its seafront location and trendy accommodation.
Perched directly along the beach in Riviera Maya, this adults-only hotel boasts a tropical location where you can chill out in hammocks one minute and indulge in island-inspired spa treatments the next.
Accommodation features a unique style with Caribbean-inspired designs. Some rooms even feature swim-up pools for total relaxation.
- Ten restaurants and bars, including the aptly named Beach House and Rita’s Taco House
- Endless activities, from yoga to unforgettable scuba diving excursions
- 148 island-inspired guest rooms with swim-up options
- A chic wedding destination with laid-back beach vibes
- We particularly love the Beach Gazebo, positioned directly on the beach for up to 80 guests
- Landshark Brewery makes for a stunning seaside location for a welcome party or cocktail hour
- For panoramic sea views day and night, the Sky Wedding is a contemporary space for up to 80 guests
- Intimate adults-only celebrations looking for an upbeat vibe
For a fun-filled, family-friendly destination wedding venue, look no further than Royalton Splash.
This brand-new Cancun hotel features 12 restaurants, swimming pools, a water park, and more.
Royalton Splash has everything if you want a resort that’s filled with adventure.
Play a game of laser tag, bounce to new heights at the indoor trampoline park, or cruise around the lazy river.
When it’s time to unwind, The Royal Spa awaits.
Top this off with 12 restaurants, ten bars, and a gorgeous beach for one unforgettable vacation.
- A water park with ten slides and two lazy rivers of
- 1,005 beautifully designed suites
- A fabulous Inclusive dining package with unlimited reservation-free dining and a wide selection of local and international drinks
- Endless family fun with laser tag, bowling, and a Kids’ Club
- From 10 to 110 guests, this hotel boasts a range of affordable packages tailored to your needs
- The beachfront gazebos with spectacular sea views
- ‘The Mexican Experience’ add-on, which includes a live mariachi band, tequila tasting, a traditional Mexican dinner, and a live duo performance
- Couples who want to incorporate Mexican culture and tradition into their wedding while bringing the whole family along
Arguably one of the best new all-inclusive resorts in Cancun, Garza Blanca is an exclusive resort located on the white sandy shores of Playa Mujeres.
As a family-friendly hotel, it features something for everyone.
Families can choose from unique amenities in their room, including coloring packs, toys, strollers, car seats, bouncers, kid-sized robes, and slippers.
Make a splash with thrilling watersports, or choose from six dining options, including an innovative food truck serving fresh seafood.
When it’s time to kick back, you can venture upstairs to the adults-only rooftop swimming pool with extraordinary sea views.
- Fun for all the family with a floating aqua park, kids’ club, live music, and more
- A world-class spa complete with a hydrotherapy circuit and panoramic sea views
- A wide variety of cuisine, from traditional Mexican food to Japanese fusion
- Lavish venues with three unique packages to choose from
- Romantic beachfront ceremonies and unforgettable receptions beneath the stars
- The ‘Platinum’ wedding reception package with one hour of mojitos, margaritas, and beers, deluxe hors d’oeuvres, a three-course dinner, a three-hour open bar, and more
- Couples looking for a family-friendly resort that doesn’t miss a single detail
Paradisus Playa Mujeres
Offering a picture-perfect location along a white sandy beach, Paradisus Playa Mujeres is a brand-new resort with innovative architecture, excellent dining opportunities, soft sandy beaches, and tropical surroundings.
Ten minutes away, you’ll find the bustling downtown area, home to several local bars, shops, and restaurants.
As part of your all-inclusive package, guests will enjoy various experiences, from non-motorized watersports to sushi-making classes.
- Traditional Spanish cuisine at the Gastro Pub, with an exciting menu designed by eight Michelin-starred chef, Martin Berasatgui
- The YHI Spa, complete with an extensive menu of rejuvenating spa treatments
- Cascading waterfalls and beautifully landscaped gardens
- A selection of swimming pools lined with Balinese beds
- Cirque de Soleil’s Mayan inspired show, Joya
- The ‘Out with a Bang’ package includes a wedding under the stars with fireworks
- The unique ‘All Aboard’ package for an exclusive wedding on a private yacht
- Special add-ons, including live music and entertainment
- ‘Out of the box’ weddings
Secrets Impressions Isla Mujeres
Sail across to your private island on board a catamaran, and discover the Secrets Impressions Isla Mujeres.
Secrets Impressions Isla Mujeres is a high-end resort that’s the perfect choice for romantic escapes and exclusive, unique destination weddings.
Enjoy your slice of paradise with unspoiled beaches, world-class coral reefs, and ancient Mayan landmarks.
With unique contemporary designs, local artwork, and an exceptional spa, this eco-friendly resort has everything you need for an unforgettable stay.
- A selection of dining opportunities, including a steakhouse, wine cellar, and a rooftop restaurant
- Fun-filled activities include stand-up paddle boarding, a four-story waterslide, and snorkeling adventures
- Live rooftop shows, an outdoor cinema, and daily cultural activities
- Multiple ceremony locations, including the rooftop gazebo or a seaside water deck
- An on-site wedding coordinator to ensure that your special day runs smoothly
- Five unique wedding packages to suit all group sizes
- A private island experience perfect for exclusive luxury weddings
Named one of the world’s best hotels by Travel and Leisure 2022, Etereo, part of the Auberge Collection, is a luxury hotel that will transport you to a lush, luxurious escape.
Steeped in Mayan-inspired philosophy, this tranquil resort welcomes guests of all ages to enjoy its state-of-the-art facilities.
Etereo boasts a fabulous wellness program for a relaxing getaway with daily yoga, tarot reading, sound healing, and diverse spa treatments.
Anyone staying in a suite will enjoy a dedicated butler service for the ultimate getaway. Traditional Mayan performances and cultural activities complete the package.
- An adults-only swimming pool with private cabanas and a spectacular ocean view
- A 300-meter-long white-sand beach where you can relax in a hammock
- Daily watersports, including sailing, paddle boarding, and snorkeling
- The exquisite SANA spa, complete with a cenote pool, sauna, and clay room
- Eight wedding venues, each with their unique charm
- A variety of in-house catering options, including dinner at Che Che, an outdoor restaurant for up to 75 guests
- Couples can get married on a private beach, the perfect backdrop for any wedding
- Couples looking for a non-all-inclusive, unique destination wedding
Recap: Best new resorts in Cancun for a destination wedding
If you’re looking for a destination wedding in Mexico, these brand-new resorts in Cancun are certainly a great choice.
These luxury resorts offer a celebration to remember, offering state-of-the-art facilities, incredible dining packages, and specially dedicated wedding planners.
Whether you’re hosting 100 guests or just the two of you, each resort features a range of packages tailored to your needs.
If you’re starting on your wedding planning journey, check out our YouTube channel for tips, insights, and reviews on destination weddings in Mexico. If you’d like to discuss your wedding in more detail, our expert team is here to help!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jared is the head of marketing and partnerships for Destination Weddings by Vacationeeze, a family-owned travel company based in Philadelphia that’s been helping couples plan their travel for 30+ years. In his free time, he loves to cook, spend time outdoors, and travel (obviously!)